Where and when were you born?
Where: Xin Jiang, P.R China
What is your profession?
Were you involved in sports or fitness prior to bodybuilding and how did you get started with weight training?
I was did professional wrestling, Olympic weight lifting, judo
Was it a goal for you to compete in bodybuilding competitions right from the beginning or was it something that grew in your mind as time went on and you saw the progress in your body?
I want to win and be the champion in bodybuilding competitions!
Can you give me your competition history?
* May 2000 – won the 52 kg class at the first General Assembly Session of the National Sports Competition.
* May 2001 – won the Chinese national Bodybuilding championship in 52kg weight calss
* Sep 2001 - won the Asian Bodybuilding Championship in South Korea
* Jul 2002 – won the Chinese national, and Asian bodybuilding championships
* Oct 2003 – won the Chinese national bodybuilder championship
* May 2004 – won the Chinese national bodybuilder championship
* Jul 2005 – third place in seventh world game in Germany
* May 2006 – won the third Chinese games bodybuilding championship
* Nov 2007 – won the middleweight and overall in NJ Golds Classic Bodybuilding competition.
* Dec 2007 - third place in New York world championship
*2008 – Currently training hard for the Eighth World Games to be held in Taiwan in 2009.
Which contest has been your biggest success; which has had the most meaning to you?
Each contest is my biggest success, because every contest I tried my best! But the first competition means the most to me.
Please tell me something about your training routine (ie: how many days per week / training split /cardio, etc.)
every 4 days per cycle.
first day: legs and cuff
second day: back
third day: chest and shoulder
forth day: bicep and tri-cep
cadio 3 times a week
3 days per cycle:
first day: legs
second day: back and bi cep
third day: chest, shoulder and tri cep
cadio 6 times a week
What is your favorite exercise in the gym and which one you don’t like so much?
My favor is squat I don't like much calf exercises
Which body part is your best in your opinion?
If you don’t mind would you give me some stats (best lifts and some body measurements)?
I used to dead lift 180kg once.
What do you enjoy about training for competition....what do you enjoy about the 'off season'?
off season I enjoy the food, party with friend and traveling
peak season I enjoy every day I see my muscle get bigger and bigger and sharper and more defined
Please describe a typical day in the life of Xin Li Cao.
9:30 -1:00 in gym, training and instruct others
1:00 -3:00 focus on my work out
3:30 - 7,8:00 training others
9:00 home, check email, surf internet
11:00 bed time
Please tell me about what you do when you don’t work out (hobbies, what do you do to relax?, etc.)
What do you enjoy most about the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyle?
Improve my confidence and let me find the goal of my life and feel the love from the God.
Tell me something interesting about yourself, something people may be surprised to hear.
Before when I was China, I got in a fight with thief and other bad people.
What are your competition goals or personal future goals?
want to be champion in every competition!
Xin Li does not do sessions or wrestling of any kind. Please don't ask!!